All for Health and Health for All
This year the XIX edition of the Binational Health Week will take place on the month of October mainly in the United States. At the same time, this effort will be reaching other Latin American and European countries, thanks to the participation and leadership of the consular networks of Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia and Peru.
The focus areas will be mental health, chronic diseases, infectious diseases, women’s health, occupational health, and access to healthcare.
The general objective for the upcoming XIX BHW is:
To promote and foster the health of the Hispanic migrant population living in the United States, increase access to medical services available in the area and to increase health care coverage.
The specific objectives are:
- Mobilize clinics and community organizations to offer their services.
- Promote disease prevention and health promotion activities that are designed for migrant families.
- Provide information to migrant families in the United States about health resources and services in their area.
The prioritized topics for the XIX BHW are:
- Chronic Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Access to Health Services
- Mental Health
- Women’s Health
- Health and the Environment
XIX BHW’s inauguration event
It will take place on October 14, 2019, in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico. For more information, please click here.